The Adventure of Link features a wide variety of useful items and spells. This section will tell you about each of these items, and where they are found:
Items can be found in dungeons and in the overworld:
- The boots are a useful item that allow you to walk over certain parts of the water. They are needed to get into the 5th palace.
- The candle lights up caves so that you are able to see inside. It is very useful and needed throughout the game.
- The cross isn't the most useful in item in the game, but it is needed if you want to see enemies that you can not see normally.
- The flute is only used to make the gigantic spider in East Hyrule go away. After that, the flute is pretty much useless.
- The glove allows you to destroy blocks that you find in Palaces. It is very useful and a great thing to have.
- The Hammer is one of the more useful items in the game as it is used to destroy those very annoying boulders that tend to block your path.
 Magic Key
- This can replace all small keys in the Palaces. This is found in New Kasuto and is needed in Palace 6.
- The purpose of the raft is very simple: to sail back and forth from West and East Hyrule.
- The shield basically is your protection throughout the game(besides the shield spell), and can reflect some enemy attacks.
- The Sword is the most basic and important item in the game. Use it to fight and destroy enemies and various other things.
The spells take up your magic and are learned from the wisemen in the towns:
- This spell allows you to become a fairy. As a fairy, you can fly even higher than you can jump with the jump spell.
- This spell is useful when it comes to defeating tough enemies. It allows you to shoot fireballs out of your sword from far and close distances.
- This spell makes you jump higher. This can get you up high ledges, and it even allows you to jump over larger enemies.
- The life spell takes a lot of magic, but it is well worth it as it restores a lot of your health.
- This will give your shield the power to reflect some of the enemies magic attacks back at them.
- This is a very useful spell as it reduces damage taken by enemies by half. It doesn't take a lot of magic, and is great to use when you are up against tough enemies.
- The only thing that this spell allows you to do is make the area that contains the Magic Key appear.
- This spell will make you a lot stronger. It would be even more useful if it wasn't found near the end of the game.