The titular sword featured in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. The Goddess Sword will act a guide of sorts to Link, leading him from the kingdom of Skyloft to the world of Hyrule below, similarly to how past characters Navi, Tatl, and Midna have done. During the events of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, the Goddess Sword will become the Master Sword through cleansing the sword with the sacred flames of the three regions.
Unlike other swords, the Goddess Sword/Master Sword has the unique ability to sense nearby treasures through an ability called Dowsing. The Sword's spirit, Fi, that somewhat resembles the Great Fairy Queen from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures, can exit from the hilt of the sword to aid Link along his adventure.
 Sword Maneuvers
- Swing the Wii Remote vertically, in either an upward or downward motion, and Link will perform a vertical slice.
- Swing the Wii Remote horizontally to make Link perform a horizontal slice.
- Swing the Wii Remote diagonally across the screen and Link will preform a diagonal slice.
- Thrusting the Wii Remote forward will cause Link to perform a sword thrust.
- Swing both the Wii Remote and Nunchuck either horizontally or vertically at the same time, and Link will perform the spin attack.
- Hold the Wii Remote above your head to charge Link's sword. Swing the Wii Remote to unleash a devastating Sword Beam that can be used to hit distant enemies. Thrusting the Wii Remote forward will cause Link to send a concentrated sword beam forward, reaching a longer distance than the slice. Doing a spin attack while charged will cause Link to attack with a greater radius.
- Press and hold C to select a dowsing target, and your sword will be able to detect people and treasure.