The Bow is a weapon usually used by the "Hero" of the land (Link). It has been passed down for generations, patiently awaiting the arrival of the next Hero. It is a very useful projectile weapon made to be used with various types of arrows, all of which will be described below. It has a very long range and is very accurate, much more than the Slingshot. Special types of arrows, such as fire and ice, require magic to use. Note that you can also shoot arrows while riding Epona.
- Fire Arrow - These are used to melt ice, burn webs, and light torches. They are also more powerful against enemies.
- Ice Arrow - You can use these arrows to freeze enemies and various other things. They are acquired inside the Gerudo Training Ground.
- Light Arrow - Like the Master Sword, these arrows are infused with the power to smite evil. You recieve them from the Sages at the end of the game, and you must use them to defeat Ganon/Ganondorf. These use up twice as much magic per shot as the fire and ice arrows.
- Fire Arrow - These are used to melt ice, burn webs, and light torches.
- Ice Arrow - You can use these arrows to freeze enemies and small sections in the water that can be walked on.
- Light Arrow - They can defeat enemies very quickly, and also can be shot at sun symbols on walls to activate switches. These use up twice as much magic per shot as the fire and ice arrows.
- Fire Arrow - These are used to melt ice and light torches. You must also fire one into the mouth of the cave on Ice Ring Isle to stop the icy wind from preventing your entry. Additionally, the cave contains many ice blocks for you to melt, which have encased enemies, money, and other treasure. Both the fire and ice arrows are received from the Queen of Fairies at the Mother and Child Isles.
- Ice Arrow - You can use these arrows to freeze enemies. You must also fire one at the stream of lava spouting from the volcano on Fire Mountain to freeze it and allow entry to it's treasure-filled cave network. Both the fire and ice arrows are received from the Queen of Fairies at the Mother and Child Isles.
- Light Arrow - They can instantly vaporize most enemies, and also have the power to vanquish great evil. You cannot use these, but Zelda will fire them at Ganondorf in the final battle while you distract him.
- Bomb Arrow - These are regular arrows combined with Bombs, and can be used once you have purchased some bombs from Barnes in Kakariko Village, after completing the Goron Mines Dungeon. To combine them, enter the items menu and hover over your bombs, then click the button that prompts you to combine them. These will explode on contact, or after a certain period of time, so don't hold onto them for long once you have taken one out. They can be used to crumble far-off boulders and destroy enemies quickly.
- Hawkeye - This handy attachment can be combined with the bow in the same way bombs can. The Hawkeye allows you to zoom in and hit targets from very far away. It can be purchased at the Kakariko Village Malo Mart after completing Talo and Malo's target practice minigame.
Found in the Sandship, this bow allows for upgraded from Gondo and for charging your shot by either holding A, or by pressing C and pulling back the Nunchuk. Charging allows for greater distance and power from your arrow.
- Iron Bow - Can be upgraded by Gondo in the Bazaar for the price of 50 rupees, 2 Eldin Ore, 3 Monster Claws, and 1 Evil Crystal. The Iron Bow has increased damage and range.
- Sacred Bow - Can be upgraded from the Iron Bow for 100 Rupees, and requires 5 Tumbleweed, 2 Evil Crystals, 3 Lizard Tails, and 1 Goddess Plume, this bow has increased damage and range, as well as the ability to kill more than one enemy at a time.
Related ThreadsWher can you find a bow? - last post by @ Jun 3, 2003
bow nd arrow - last post by @ Mar 2, 2007
I KNOW WHERE TO GET THE BOW AND ARROW!!!! - last post @ Mar 1, 2015
Bow & Arrow - last post by @ Jan 2, 2007
Wii Controller: Sword, Bow & Arrow, Fishing Rod - last post by @ May 8, 2006